THE LOVE OF MOVEMENT METHOD
THE LOVE OF MOVEMENT
WHAT I BELIEVE
The Love Of Movement Method is a process of discovering your deeper self. There is joy to be found, unknown strength that is waiting to be utilized, a game to be played, and a coming home. Through this method we find a pause, stillness - we begin to discover parts of ourselves that have been forgotten. We remember who we are again. This method is like coming home to yourself and learning to rest there.
Yoga & Pilates:
2022: Pause Breathwork Facilitator
2020: The Art of Transitions 1 with Annie Carpenter
2019: Level 1 Restorative YTT with Judith Hanson Lasator
2018: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training SmartFlow with Annie Carpenter
2018: Pranify - 50 hour Pranayama with Annie Carpenter
2017: Franklin Method- Breathing For Life, Organ Anatomy, Pilates and Strength with Tom McCook
2016: 50 hour Tantra Training with Katie Silcox
2005-2006: Integrated Teacher Training - Master Level
2004: Polestar Pilates Certification, Brazil
2002-2004: Silvestre Dance Technique
2002: College: Mills College, BA in Anthropology/ Sociology/Dance
2013: Ice Chamber, Kettlebell Certified Level 1
2007: National Academy of Sports Medicine, C.P.T.
Z-Health Education (Applied Neurology):
- 2017: Z-Health Exercise Therapy Specialist
- 2016: Z-Health Movement Integration Specialist
- 2015: Z-Health Movement Reeducation Specialist
- 2015: Z-Health Essentials
2020: Primal Movement Chains, Perry Nickelson of Stop Chasing Pain
2019: Lymphatic Mojo, Perry Nickelson of Stop Chasing Pain
2019: Primal Pilates - Absolute Center, Lafayette
2018: Primal Foundation Training - Absolute Center, Lafayette
"So much gratitude for our work together these past nine months. Much of what I am grateful for are the 'simple' wins:
- Learning to walk with integrity and grace so I can enjoy and benefit from long walks with my family.
- rediscovering my balance in motion so I can once again enjoy hikes on the weekends and when we travel.
- expanding my field of vision and improving my eyesight. I can literally see the world better and with more clarity.
- Finding an easeful breath, a gift I somehow missed even after years of yogic breath work.
- Going upside down and forward folds and arm balances, and for the first time ever delighting in it.
There is more joy in my movement now. Not just on the mat, but in my daily life too. It is amazing the energetically lift that comes with a strong foundation.
Learning to see, balance, walk and breathe better are amazing gifts.
But if there is anything I treasure more, it is that you have taught me to take care of myself in ways big and small. I can soothe my tired eyes, I can’t find my breath again when I get stressed, I can breathe deep, relaxing breaths one sleep is hard to come by. There is so much I can do for myself now.
- Monica, April 2021
Join the Community!
Come discover a group of people like you - finding joy, love,
and freedom of life through movement & soul.
When you register, you'll also receive a FREE 60 Minute Training Class from Lila!
“The journey has to feel the way you want the destination to feel.” -Danielle LaPorte